If you are looking to convert a PowerPoint document or file to video, you are in luck, turning a presentation into a video is very easy to do with the new PowerPoint tools that are available from Powerpoint 2016 onwards.
When a Powerpoint presentation is recorded, all the elements of the document are saved in the presentation itself, with the same configuration, what we do is transfer to a video what we already see in a typical presentation. We do this for reasons of comfort, etc.
We have many ways to do this, starting from Powerpoint itself:
Save presentation to video from Powerpoint
For this we must save the presentation as a PowerPoint presentation (.ppsx) file. (PowerPoint appears full screen in slide show, ready to view immediately.) Once you’ve created your slides and recorded the timings and laser pointer narrations and gestures you want to include, you’re ready to create a video file.
- From the File menu, select Save to ensure that all recent changes have been saved in PowerPoint presentation (.pptx) format.
- Click File > Export > Create a video . (Or, on the Recording tab of the ribbon, click Export to Video.)
- In the first drop-down list box under the Create a video heading, select the video quality you want, which refers to the resolution of the finished video. The higher the video quality, the larger the file size. (You may want to try them out to determine which meets your needs.)
- The second drop-down list box under the Create a Video heading indicates whether the slideshow includes narration and timings. (If you want, you can change this setting.) If you have not yet recorded a narration with intervals, the default is Do not use recorded narrations or intervals.
- Click Create Video .
- In the File name box , type a file name for the video, browse to the folder that will contain this file, and then click Save .
- In the Save as type box , select MPEG-4 Video or Windows Media Video .
The default duration time for each slide is 5 seconds. You can change that interval in the Duration Seconds box on each slide. To the right of the box, click the up arrow to increase the duration or the down arrow to decrease the duration. In Office 2010 we can only save up to 720p .
How to Convert PowerPoint to MP4 Online
If we don’t want to install any programs on the PC, online PowerPoint to video converters are a good choice. There are quite a number of online PowerPoint to MP4 converters available with their own set of features and functions.
This is a popularly used online converter that supports different file types and formats for conversion including PPT to MP4. You can add a file from your PC, URL, or your cloud storage. There is an option to choose the output video settings regarding frame rate, codec, file size, and others. The converted file can be downloaded directly from the interface.
Steps to convert PowerPoint to MP4 for free:
- Open https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4 in your browser. Click Choose File to add the PPT presentation to the interface.
- From the optional configuration window, we configure the type of video.
- Click Convert File to start the PPT to MP4 conversion process.
This is an online tool to save PowerPoint as MP4 quickly and easily. The tool is free to use and supports all popular formats for conversion. You can select the quality of the output file from the options: low, moderate, high and very high. There is also an option to choose the output file size relative to the file resolution.
Steps to use PPTX to MP4 Converter free online:
- Open Convert Files on your PC. Click Select a file to add a PPT file from your PC.
- Select MP4 as the desired output format.
- Choose the output video quality and size (resolution). Click Convert to start the PPT to MP4 conversion process.
Free software to convert PPTX to MP4
Most of the paid professional software comes with a free trial to convert PPTX to MP4. You can use the trial version of the program and if it meets your expectations, purchase it. Popular PowerPoint to MP4 converters with free trial version are listed below.
Digital Office Pro allows you to convert your PPT files to DVD and popular formats like WMV, MOV, ASF and M4V. The converted files can be played on a number of devices without compatibility issues. Animations, transitions, special effects, narrations, and other PPT content are preserved after conversion. It also supports batch conversion, and the converted videos can be shared on YouTube, iPad, iPhone and other sites.
In order to convert your PPT files to MP4 format, you need to download the Pro version of the program which supports a wide range of formats like AVI, MOV, FLV, SWF, VOB, and many others.
MoyeaSoft PowerPoint Video Converter
It is a popular PowerPoint to MP4 converter that makes it easy to convert PPT files to popular video formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, MPEG, FLV, and others. The converted files can be shared on online sites and can be viewed on portable devices and players. The program captures the entire PPT file and there is no loss of any sound, transition effects, or other content. Output file parameters such as bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, codec, and others can be adjusted as needed. Before buying the software for your PC, you can try its free version to know all its features and how it works.